Our lovely client on Beverley Drive, all on her own, went and picked out six new bushes for us to plant. Two white Butterfly Bushes, 3 Purple “Pugster” Butterfly Bushes, and one new Azalea. Together we established locations and we dug all the holes approximately 16” deep. Tomorrow we are at another location so we will return on Wednesday to complete all in progress work.
We will plant all the new bushes on Wednesday. Today we completed most of her Spring Clean Up Project. Putting her property back into some shape from the winter season. Lots of weeds, border edging were pretty much non-existent and most plants needed to be cut back some. We began tidying the edgings. We are hopeful for some rain so that we can complete a deeper cut/edge to make everything look really fresh. We removed all the porch items from under the Portico and cleaned every thing up. Pansies took a hit but are monsters so today we watered an cleaned around them. On Wed we will cut back all their dead growth and further shape them. They give a lot to the cause, because we planted them in a October and still they are producing tons of blooms.
We need to tend the Hydrangea on Wed and cut back any dead stalks and apply our Acidifier fertilizer and finish tidying up that side flower bed. All the mulch stayed pretty well in the beds, but needs to be redistributed giving a more uniform look. And the Holly Tree that PFX planted when our lady moved in needed water badly. We have cleaned out all the dead and yellowing leaves. It is looking much better. It so needed water.
Everything today was bone dry as over the weekend the rain we were supposed to receive just didn’t happen. So we watered each plant individually, for a good length of time. And we transplanted a White Anemone, one very small Gardenia and one purple Salvia. We had to make these relocations as the six (6) new bushes required adequate space to balance out the appearance of the bed.
We will report back upon COB Wed, once everything is completed. Please do check back to view our Final Video.
Today we completed six (6)hours for this project from 9 am to 3 pm.
IN PROGRESS VIDEO
“Contessa” says….. it all very good!
(REVISED) Wed – 4/19 – 5:31pm
Back today to complete our Beverley client. Four (4) hours today. All six bushes planted. All Pansies thinned out and deadheaded then gathered into clusters and outer lanky stems trimmed away. Frankly they now look like brand new plants. Deep perimeter “bed edging” completed. Redistribute mulch throughout the entire bed. Transplanted the White Anemone as it was being crowded by returning Daffodils. Fertilized the Hydrangea with Nutone Acidifier. Hosed down the front porch and used the leaf blower to tidy the entire property including all the sidewalks.
We will await instructions on how she wants to address the bed along the side of the house. And we need to purchase plants for her wire basket that sits on the top of her Etegere. Today she was visiting Ft Myers and may bring back Begonias that we usually plant in three or four planters for the Etegere shelves. We think everything is looking very nice.
We have some good video to post, but still technical issues persist in uploading to the WordPress site. We attempted to contact WordPress but all technicians are unavailable so once the issue is resolved we will post. Excuse!
We seem to be able to provide one photo of the Hydrangea and Pansy bed. Please check back on any updates and our additional work plus our Video.